Thursday, May 25, 2006

Yo-Yo

Brought to you by the letter, “F.” Life is like a yo-yo, sometimes you’re up and sometimes you’re down, the trick is to keep moving. Navy boy, well, I got the definite, “Stay away from me freak” vibe. You win some, you lose some. It’s suddenly hot and massive thunderstorms are working their way here from the Ohio Valley. Did I tell ya’ll about the last thunderstorm? Guess not since you all have that, “what the fuck is she talking about” look on your faces. Forecasts all day foretelling the foreboding influx of high winds, tornadoes, hail, and flash flooding. I witnessed the fantastic formation of clouds flying across the night sky with flashes of lightning within their freakish flummoxing fabrications, as though I were watching a film in fast forward. The first raindrops hit my face forcing me to seek shelter under my front porch. Still following the forward path of the storm, almost certain it would forsake my feelings and fizzle. It knew my feelings lay fallow. It knew I needed cleansed and yet it faltered, following a winding course, overflowing on others as it left me parched and fevered. I moved inside and fastened my eyes on the horizon from my window, flattened by the Goddess’s refusal to allow me to drink from her fountain as the clouds floated away. “That was just foreplay,” I said. An eye-frying flash of lightening streaked down and thunder fell violently on my head and shoulders as the lights flickered out, leaving me frozen, freaked, and still fallow. Don’t fuck with the Goddess.
  • |

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------