Monday, October 18, 2004

For Jack

Do not stand by my grave and weep I am not there I do not sleep I am a thousand winds that blow I am a diamond glint on snow I am the sunlight on ripened grain I am the gentle autumn rain When you awake in the morning hush I am the swift uplifting rush Of quiet birds in circular flight I am the soft starshine at night Do not stand by my grave and cry I am not there ... I did not die - Anonymous I've tried to post three or four times but everything I say sounds really stupid. I'll just make a list. 1. I've thought of Jack since last week and he was on my mind all weekend. I don't know why. 2. When I read his first post today, I cried. Then I cried again when I read his second post. 3. Then I cried while I tried to say something that would make him feel better and knew that I couldn't. 4. Anything else I came up with was so personal I couldn't or wouldn't post it. Namely because I don't understand why I feel the way I do and anytime I try to explain it, it sounds stupid. I just erased five and six because, I can't force them out. I want to but I can't because everything I write sounds dumb. I'll just leave it at -- Jack I wish I was there to hold your hand.
  • |

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    What a beautiful poem.

    your such a good person. We are so lucky to have you in blogland.

    *hugs and love to jack too*

    10/19/2004 12:01:00 AM  
    Blogger Me said...

    Inanna, I'm sure 5 and 6 would have been right on the head **good** like everything you wrote prior to that. You're an empathetic angel, friend. And what you didn't 'erase' was beautiful and heartfelt.

    10/19/2004 12:17:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Oh Vader I love that poem. It makes my spirit soar.

    Thanks for your kind words Cooter... sometimes I feel things and I don't know why but now I know why.

    The blogosphere is a blessing in itself.

    10/19/2004 07:57:00 AM  
    Blogger Cattiva said...

    Inanna, that was wonderful. It's so hard to know what to say when someone passes away. "I'm so sorry" sounds so....I don't know. It just sounds stupid, but it was all I could manage. You've said it beautifully. Thanks for putting into words what a lot of us were feeling.

    10/19/2004 08:59:00 AM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    Catt -- I don't think I said it any better than anybody else. But thanks anyway. I'm in a sour mood today... hope that doesn't come across wrong.

    10/19/2004 01:56:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------