Monday, October 11, 2004

Me Again...

*Blessings to the family of Christopher Reeve. Superman is flying again. Rest in peace.* Forgot a few things. Yes, I know that since I've gotten my new computer that I've been posting out the ass. Deal. I've never heard anyone complain because some posts TOO MUCH. Anywho, I did have my Napoleon fixed last week. He's doing just fine. Back to his old self, just without a couple of things. Actually, no, I can't say he's back to his old self. If anything, he's more loving. The expression on his precious face the first time he saw me was one of love and relief. I didn't think of it before but he's never been away from home. He's always been with me and Nate. For six months, he's lived in the same house, same humans, very little outside contact. Then I took him to be kenneled overnight, then he was put to sleep, operated on and no mommy. Love his heart. The clinician said when she said his name he came right to the edge of the cage but when he saw it wasn't me, he retreated and turned his back on her. Not so when he saw me. He burrowed into my shoulder and purred, rubbing his head at times across my chin as I talked shop with the vet folks. Walking this weekend, I realized that I'm not doing enough. Why wait until a special ocassion to make a difference? I know the vet's office that I took Napoleon to has a rescue program so I volunteered to help with that program. Not sure if I will be able to help but I can try. I know though, that the most important way I can make a difference is by starting at home. There's no reason not to include Nate in what I do and spending our time together doing something a little worthwhile than playing video games. It doesn't have to be an all consuming thing, but even the smallest effort can yield big rewards. Remember... he who saves a single life, saves the world entire.
  • |

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    there are soooo many cats and dogs i want to save; every day i want to join the animal rescue, but with everything else i do, i don't have time. an apartment that already has a 75lb dog in it isn't the best place in the world to keep other animals, even for a brief time.

    i didn't know that about chris reeve... i should check the headlines today.

    oh, and FIRST!

    i just like doing that.

    10/11/2004 02:56:00 PM  
    Blogger Me said...

    I'd love to open my home to more critters. But two cats and a dog in a tiny apartment (with no yard AND above a bar) is enough as it is. Someday 'when I win the lottery', my new house will have acres of land to accommodate as many critters as I want of all different varieties. I can't wait...

    And now I have that lottery song by Camper Van Beethoven stuck in my head..

    10/11/2004 03:22:00 PM  
    Blogger Phoesable said...

    The death of Christopher Reeve makes me very sad.

    10/11/2004 03:36:00 PM  
    Blogger Traci Dolan said...

    El Sid, Ye Caster of Shadows! You always sneak on me blog!! Well, I doubt I will actually be keeping any animals here, I will probably spend time at the shelter.

    Ang -- Me too, me too! I don't have much space, but at least I have a back yard.

    Sister Moon -- Me too... :o(

    10/11/2004 08:36:00 PM  
    Blogger lucidkim said...

    Christopher Reeve's death really shocked me. I was stunned and so sad. He is someone who lived his life to the fullest - when he could use all of his limbs and when he couldn't. Remarkable human being. kim

    10/12/2004 08:29:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------